Friday 26 April 2019

Disclaimer

I am not a licensed therapist, counselor, or psychologist.  The stories and poems I use on Dreaming With Dave are from my own personal experiences.  I use the 12 steps as a guide because they have worked for me.  Throughout my time in recovery, I have attended five different groups that use the 12 Steps as their guide.  The way I achieved recovery in these programs is not an endorsement by me in anyway, as the only means to long term recovery.  Ultimately, the way you choose to remain sober and clean is your choice.

While I believe in the recovery strengths of the 12 Step program, Dreaming With Dave is not affiliated with any 12 Step program.  The blog is not approved, nor endorsed, by AA, CODA, or ACOA.  Nor am I spokesman for any of these groups.  While you can guess which 12 Step program I may attend, I never share that with anyone.  So that is all you would be doing - guessing.  I do not grant interviews for my participation in any of these groups, nor do I consider the blog to be a promotion for any 12 Step group, nor any spiritual or religious group.

 The primary goal of the blog is to carry the message of recovery through spiritual practices.  Which may include my thoughts on the 12 Steps, as well as Native American beliefs, Eastern and Western Philosophies, as well as ancient mythologies.

The 12 Steps of Self-Parenting were written Patricia O'Gorman, Ph.D. and Philip Diaz, M.S.W.  While I have not been endorsed nor affiliated with Patricia O'Gorman, Ph.D. and Philip Diaz, M.S.W., they have granted me permission to share their program with my audience.



By sharing my thoughts on religion and spirituality, as well as the 10 Commandments and the 12 Steps, I need to say that I am not a spiritual counselor.  I do believe that it is a gift given to us to explore all available avenues to find a Higher Power of our understanding.

NLP - In November of 2011 I became a Certified NLP Master Practitioner... what I share here are my beliefs through my studies with this program.  It is not meant as a form of treatment rather it should be used for informational purposes only.

Life Coach In April of 2012 I received my certification as a Life Coach.  I did this to strengthen my knowledge of NLP.  I look at being a Life Coach as being similar to being a sponsor in a 12 Step Program.  I will only use Life Coaching on subjects I know through my own experiences.

Hypnotist I finished my training and became a certified hypnotist in August of 2012.  Like Life Coaching, I took this course to strengthen and further understand NLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment